Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Favorite Halloween Film of All Time

Not only is Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein my favorite Halloween movie of all time, it is one of my favorite movies period. Christina and I have a tradition of watching this film every year on Halloween (we stole the tradition from my own family). I hated this movie when I was a kid simply because it was black and white and my sisters and I groaned whenever my parents sat us around for a family movie night in the month of October and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein was the feature film. However, when I was on my own and I celebrated my first Halloween as a college freshman, I felt a big gaping hole in my annual Halloween experience. A little bit of introspection led me to the conclusion that this movie was the missing fabric. Every year I laugh harder and harder when I watch this movie (I've shed tears of laughter during the first 20 min of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein consistently for the past three years). I honestly believe that everyone must watch this movie at least once and no true Halloween lover should go without giving Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein its duly earned annual
screening.

Just for fun, here are my five favorite Halloween films of all time:

1. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
2. Young Frankenstein (Absolutely Hilarious)
3. Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride (Wonderfully Gothic)
4. Hocus Pocus (Cheesy, I know, but it reminds me of Halloween as a kid )
5. Beetlejuice - One of Michael Keaton's finest moments, with the exception of the first Batman.

1 comment:

blueeyedfreckle said...

I had totally forgotten about this tradition! I need to watch it again:) Oh I miss our childhood traditions!