Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Killers in Atlanta


Two weekends ago I had the chance to go to see the Killers live in Atlanta. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had only seen youtube videos of the killers live, and they were really not that great. However, without being able to adequately put it into words, they put on one killer show. Not only was their sound and delivery absolutely incredible, their light show and stage presence made me want to be a rock star. They played some awesome variations of their hit songs (I particularly liked the more acoustic sounding version of "Sam's Town" which is found on their B-sides and rarities album "Sawdust").

I walked away from this show in a trance. All I wanted to do was go home and try to write music that would have the same effect on others as the Killers music did on me. It makes me depressed that I can't write music that good. I would honestly sell my soul for that kind of talent (ok, so maybe not that extreme, but you get my point).

If you have not given the killers a chance, please listen to my plea and go buy their first album "Hot Fuss," it will change your music-loving life.

No comments: